The visiting midwives are:
- Julie Gee (Kingsclere)
- Vicky Brennan (Overton and Oakley)
Both midwives are based at Andover War Memorial Maternity Centre based in Andover, Hampshire.
Telephone number 01264 352517.
A new way for you to register for maternity care at Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. You don’t need to contact your GP – we will do that for you. View the HHFT Self Referral Poster for more information.
Labour line 0300 123 9001 (24hours).
If you would like to know more about a specific condition, procedure or would like to book antenatal classes or a tour of any of our hospitals please visit our Trust’s Website.
Useful Telephone Numbers
- Andover War Memorial Hospital, 01962 863 535
- Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital, 01256 473 202
- Royal Hampshire County Hospital, 01962 863 535
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (HHFT)
HHFT is committed to providing the highest standard of care to support expectant and new mothers and their partners to feed their babies and build strong and loving parents – infant relationships. To help prepare you for your pregnancy, birth and beyond, here are some recommended and approved resources:
- The NHS website: This guide includes all you need to know about trying for a baby, pregnancy, labour and birth.
- Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists (National Guidelines)
- NICE – National Guidance about maternity care
- National Childbirth Trust
- UNICEF Baby Friendly – supporting breast feeding and baby/parent relationships.
- UNICEF Support for parents
- Deciding where to have your baby
- Advice to help manage back and pelvic pain
- Guide to well-being physical activity during pregnancy
- Healthier Together – provides resources that have been developed in partnership between parents and healthcare professionals from across Hampshire, Dorset & Isle of Wight. You will find clear information for parents, young people and pregnant women.
- Baby Buddy – provides personalised antenatal and postnatal information. Follow your baby’s journey through pregnancy and the early years. Packed with great feeding video’s and useful resources.
- Hampshire Breastfeeding Counselling – provides breastfeeding support such as breastfeeding drop-ins, antenatal education and peer supporter training. Please feel free to talk to your Midwife about feeding and building close relationships with your baby.
- The DadPad – can help by giving you the knowledge and practical skills that you need. The resources will support you and your partner to give your baby the best possible start in life.
Would like to talk through your birth experience? Do also have you have unanswered questions which you have not been able to get answered by your Community Midwife, Health Visitor or GP? Would you like an opportunity to talk these through with a birth reflections midwife? Does your partner have unanswered questions they would like to discuss along with you?
When your notes have been received at the Maternity Centre you will be telephoned and an appointment booked.